I first had this salad at a friend’s summer barbecue around almost twenty years ago and I’ve been making it ever since. This is a really simple side salad, where the tomatoes are the star of the show. No fuss or pretentions – just plump red tomatoes neatly sliced with a few snips of spring onions and some balsamic vinegar.Print
- 440g large, ripe tomatoes
- 3 spring onions
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Slice the tomatoes any which way you like – I like chunky slices but its entirely up to you.
- Trim the spring onions and chop very finely with a knife or pair of kitchen scissors.
- Layer half the tomatoes in a serving dish before scattering half the spring onions over. Repeat.
- In an old jam jar, shake the balsamic vinegar and olive oil together before drizzling all over the tomatoes.
- Convey to the table and serve.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Salad
Keywords: barbecue, barbecue food, salad, side dishes, tomato salad