- 115g soft unsalted butter
- 150g golden granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 160g carrot pulp from a juicer (or 125g finely grated carrots, dried and squeezed in a clean tea towel)
- 75g wholemeal flour
- 75g plain flour
- 175g porridge oats
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5tsp salt flakes
- 100g raisins
- 1.5tsp Pumpkin Spice Mix (or ground mixed spices)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and line two large baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Juice your carrots according to your juicer’s instructions, reserving 160g of the carrot pulp. Every juicer varies but I find I get this amount of pulp by juicing approx. 500g of carrots.
- Pop the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat until combined.
- Add the carrot pulp to the mix before tipping in the two flours, spices, bicarbonate of soda, salt and porridge oats. Stir to bring everything together before mixing in the raisins.
- Take heaped teaspoons of the biscuit mix, rolling in your hands to form balls the size of walnuts. I find the quantities here are enough to make 28 biscuits.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets, leaving a small gap between each to allow for spread. Gently press down on top of each ball with the prongs of a fork before popping the trays into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
- When the biscuits are ready, remove from the oven rest for five minutes before carefully lifting the biscuits onto a wire rack to cool down. Store the cooled biscuits in an airtight tin.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: Baking, Cookies, Biscuits, Carrot Cake, Carrot Cake Cookies, Oat Biscuits