Cinnamon French Toast is one of those breakfast foods that is guaranteed to get the day off to a great start.
I’ve written before about my son’s love for fluffy Breakfast Pancakes. Well this Cinnamon French Toast recipe is a close tie for first place in his breakfast food league table. I make it sparingly as it is quite indulgent, but every now and then a little bit of what you fancy does you good.
I know a lot of French Toast recipes advocate using slices of stale bread, but I implore you to put down the sliced-white and use some buttery-sweet brioche (I get mine from Aldi). This in addition to a teaspoon of vanilla extract gives this Cinnamon French Toast recipe an almost doughnut quality. Consequently, my son likes it served with a dusting of icing sugar mixed with a little more cinnamon, and topped with some fresh berry fruits.Print
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 100ml milk
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5–6 slices brioche bread
- 4 tsp Icing sugar mixed with 0.5 tsp cinnamon to dust
- Fresh berry fruit
- A little butter for frying
- Crack the egg into a shallow dish and whisk together with the milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Melt a little butter in a pan over a medium heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread into the eggy-milk mixture, turning over to coat both sides. Carefully lift out of the bowl and place into the frying pan. Cook on a medium heat for 90 seconds-2 minutes before turning over and cooking the other side for a further 60 seconds. Repeat until all the egg mixture is used up and the bread has been cooked.
- Mix some icing sugar with a little more cinnamon (I use 4 teaspoons of icing sugar with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon but vary according to taste). Dust the cooked French toast with the sugar (I use a tea strainer for this) and pile two or three slices on top of each other for a serving. Finish with some fresh berry fruits (strawberries or blueberries work well here).
- Prep Time: 2 Minutes
- Cook Time: 3 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: Cinnamon French Toast, French Toast, Breakfast, Breakfast Food