- 250g finely ground porridge oats
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150ml hot water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
- Using a food processor or spice grinder, finely grind the porridge oats until you have a fine powder. Tip the powder into a bowl.
- Dissolve the chicken stock cube in 150ml of kettle hot water. Stir in the Olive Oil before pouring over the oat powder. Bring together into a sticky dough and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes to allow the oats to soak up the water. After this time, the dough should be soft and pliable.
- Roll the dough out onto some greaseproof paper until it is ½ cm deep. Use a small pastry cutter to stamp out biscuits – I use a small West Highland Terrier cutter or some bone shaped cutters I got from Amazon.
- Place the cut biscuits onto a lined baking sheet, leaving only a small gap between each biscuit as they will not spread. Bring together any scraps of dough together and keep rolling out until all the dough is used up. Place the biscuits into the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes until lightly golden and dry.
- Allow the biscuits to fully cool on the trays before placing into an airtight container where they will keep for several weeks.
- Category: Pet Food
Keywords: Dog Treats, Dog Biscuits, Pet Food